(Why am I naming days?)
10/16/14, Day 14,044 (Mercena Day 62): Phone Meetings and Little Gains
I really wanted to go to work yesterday.
I had told myself that it was possible (it was never really possible). I needed it to be possible, both for my own sense of progress and because I had four meetings (not counting a CSA veggie pick-up and Lark event). But my healing progress is so slow, so on went the speaker phone.
Thankfully, Mercena had a great day, and Lori rode to our rescue, accompanying Heather for the veggie pick-up. And I was able to participate somewhat effectively calling in from the phone.
In spite of all that, I did make some small gains by staying as mobile as the pain would allow. And late last night, I even finished five more pages of my New Year play (a slippery time play written for the actors of the Ensemble).
Technique never stands still: it only advances or retreats…
Writing: 163 out of 212 days (New Year)
Spanish: 134 out of 212 days
Music: 63 out of 118 days
Yoga: 2 out of 2 days
What small things did I do yesterday to help build the Honeycomb?
(And what does it mean to “Help build the honeycomb?”)
- Ate and cooked local, organic, vegetarian food, and used cloth diapers for Mercena;
- Signed a petition in support of stronger protections against illegal fishing;
- Asked EBay to cut ties with climate-change denying ALEC;
- Asked Mayor de Blasio to expand breakfast in the classroom to every school;
- Signed a petition in support of the 49ers adopting a zero-tolerance policy for domestic violence;
- Asked the Bureau of Land Management to stop the hunter “predator-derby” in Idaho.
(Um, yeah, so what is this again?)
A prayer for my back to heal
And for Mercena’s shots to avoid ordeal
Praise to Lori for carrying veggies and prizes,
And a prayer for breakfast for every kid in class;
Praise to makers of Chance Magazine
Solidarity with #FergusonOctober
Praise for the tigers of Terai Arc,
And for cosmic rays caught in a smartphone app;
And hey there, beautiful mystery.