3/22/14, Day 13,913: Launching Jane the Plain, and Gabe with Kendre before his Assignation
This day is so lengthily named for two happy things: the launch of the Jane the Plain Facebook event (to which I invited just about everyone I could); and for the latest scene of Word(s), which is just pouring out in all sorts of exciting ways. It will be almost impossible to finish the play before April, given my schedule this week, but with some late nights I might be able to pull it off.
Yesterday was a glorious day, really; in addition to the two good things above, Heather and I had two meals with two different dear friends, and enjoyed the flirt of spring. Things are about to become bone-crunchingly busy again, but I’ll draw on the happiness of this day when they do.
Technique never stands still: it only advances or retreats…
Writing: 72 out of 82 days (Word(s))
Spanish: 70 out of 82 days
What small things did I do yesterday to help build the Honeycomb?
(And what does it mean to “Help build the honeycomb?”)
- For Flux, invited 1.4k peeps to Jane the Plain, and worked on marketing/group sales strategies;
- Asked Tata Global Beverages to prevent the trafficking of young women on their tea plantations;
- Asked Dan Ashe to keep gray wolves protected under the Endangered Species Act;
- Asked Archbishop Schnurr to end his LGBT* discriminatory policies;
- Asked Comptroller DiNapoli do divest New York State from fossil fuels;
- Cooked and ate all vegetarian meals (mostly organic, some local) and added no direct food waste (plastics bags, plastic water bottles, etc.), and supported a local organic restaurant;