David and Antonio and the Deep Blue Sea
3/23/14, Day 13,914: David and Antonio and the Deep Blue Sea
This day is so named for the heartfelt nuptials of David and Antonio on the set of Dark Water, the perfect theatre-drenched wedding for these two theatre-makers. As in the best of ceremonies, everything seemed to emerge from the true nature of who they are as people and now, as family. L’chaim to the newly-weds!
I missed most of Flux Sunday to make the wedding, but I did get to enjoy hearing the first scene of Word(s) read aloud. It’s going to be difficult to make these characters suffer as much as they probably should, as I’m already falling in love with them.
Technique never stands still: it only advances or retreats…
Writing: 73 out of 83 days (Word(s))
Spanish: 71 out of 83 days
What small things did I do yesterday to help build the Honeycomb?
(And what does it mean to “Help build the honeycomb?”)
- For Flux, organized and hosted the first half of Flux Sunday;
- Signed Congresswoman Slaughter’s petition to protect survivors of domestic violence from needing to file for ACA health insurance with their abusive spouses;
- Asked the NYS Department of Environmental Conservation to do a full environmental study of the risks of the proposed Albany crude oil expansion;
- Composted, shopped at the local farmer’s market, and cooked and ate all vegetarian meals (mostly organic, some local) and added no direct food waste (plastics bags, plastic water bottles, etc.);
- Asked the First Lady to protect families from having to live near near fracking wells, where birth defects are up to 30% more likely to occur;