3/17/14, Day 13,808: Dark Water
This day is so named in honor of Dark Water, the MTWorks production of David Stallings’ Gulf oil spill play, directed by my wonderful Heather. She really did an amazing job staging a wild underwater world! My favorite moments included: the lighting and costume design working together to make the Sea Urchin glow, the baby turtle puppets, Daedelus’ moment of walking after he dies, the frogs holding hands as they exit, Chester’s grounded, emotionally raw performance, and Brian Silliman’s haunted yet gleeful Gullet (I don’t know what his secrets were, but I could feel they were there.) The design team alone deserves a raft of IT Awards, especially for the eco-theatre aesthetic. Bravo to the whole team!
3/18/14, Day, 13,909: …to the Grey Havens, where there are only elves and more elves, and even the ugly people, are elves.
This day is so named for a ridiculous line I wrote for Rachael Hip-Flores’ character in my new Word(s):
“I intend to drink all the way past the Stony Isles of Mistakes, to the Grey Havens, where there are only elves and more elves, and even the ugly people, are elves.”
Yeah, I’m having fun, and up to page 10 after writing both on the way out and on the way in.
Technique never stands still: it only advances or retreats…
Writing: 68 out of 78 days (Word(s))
Spanish: 67 out of 78 days
What small things did I do the past two days to help build the Honeycomb?
(And what does it mean to “Help build the honeycomb?”)
- For Flux, contributed to the eblast on our #3030NP reading and ForePlay: Extra Credit;
- Asked Teodoro Andrade Waty, Head of the National Assembly’s Com on Human Rights, to reject the “marry your rapist” proposal in Mozambique;
- Shared the good news about the anti-slavery legislation in Scotland;
- Encouraged Governor Cuomo to support public financing of elections;
- For TCG, shared Erin Quill’s “After the Panel” post (among many other un-sharable for the moment things);
- Cooked and ate all vegetarian meals (mostly organic, some local) and added no direct food waste (plastics bags, plastic water bottles, etc.);