3/16/14, Day 13,807: Word(s) Begins
This day is so named because I began work on my newest play, tentatively titled Word(s). I’m writing it specifically for a number of the actors in the Ensemble. The play explores the passing down of power at a prestigious poetry magazine, and the young associate editors who battle for the throne, each asserting very different visions for the role of poetry. I also hosted a Flux Sunday jam-packed with scenes that I’ll share over on the Flog, and did a bunch of cooking, cleaning, shopping and composting.
Technique never stands still: it only advances or retreats…
Writing: 66 out of 76 days (Word(s) begins)
Spanish: 65 out of 76 days
What small things did I do yesterday to help build the Honeycomb?
(And what does it mean to “Help build the honeycomb?”)
- For Flux, hosted a Flux Sunday
- Signed a petition in support of protecting the white deer of Wisconsin;
- Composted and shopped at the local farmer’s market;
- Cooked and ate all vegetarian meals (mostly organic, some local) and added no direct food waste (plastics bags, plastic water bottles, etc.);
- Asked Tom Vilsack to declare a moratorium on the killing of wolves until the USDA audit is complete;
- Asked the Obama administration to reject fracking in national parks;
- Asked UPS to reinstate the 250 protesting workers;