2/20/14, Day 13,784: Sick but Still Kicking It
This day is so named for beginning at 6am and not quitting until I collapsed at 11pm and said, “all right, I give up, I’m all the way sick.” There was just no way I could call out from a fierce day at TCG and a critical rehearsal for Blood Brothers, but man, come 11pm, I was absolutely spent and knew I had to call out the next day…
2/21/14, Day 13,785: Sick, Butt Kicked
…and, so, yeah. I worked most of the day from home, but ended up sleeping 12 hours in addition to an hour nap and finally feel like I’m pulling out of this thing.
Technique never stands still: it only advances or retreats…
Writing: 47 out of 54 days (Angel Juice)
Spanish: 47 out of 54 days
What small things did I do the past day to help build the Honeycomb?
(And what does it mean to “Help build the honeycomb?”)
- Rehearsed Blood Brothers;
- Thanked Rep. Grace Meng for her opposition to the anti-wolf bills;
- Wrote a Flux Sunday report and prepped for the next one;
- Sent another petition on behalf of jailed Russian environmental activist, Yevgeniy Vitishko;
- Shared a bunch of great TCG Circle posts: one on the awesome anti-racism/social-justice work being done by Katy Rubin and Theatre of the Oppressed NYC; this advocacy update; and this important take on disability and diversity from Regan Linton;
- Asked Senator Vitter to denounce climate change-denier’s Spencer’s Nazi remarks;
- Ate vegetarian meals (mostly organic and vegan, some local) and added no additional food waste (like plastic bags, plastic water bottles, etc.);