Well, I couldn’t quite keep up the posting every day. A combination of new rehearsals, house guests and feeling sick ate into my time and discipline. I’m hitting the fast balls, but missing the curves…
2/12/14, Day 13,796: First rehearsal for Into the Life of Things
This day is so named because I began rehearsing for Nat Cassidy’s one-act contribution to The Blood Brothers present…Bedlam Nightmares: Strapped In, Into the Life of Things. While I’m concerned about my capacity to keep up with my other obligations, I do want to act in at least one project a year to keep in shape, and it was too good an opportunity to miss out on acting in a Blood Brothers show. It’s exciting to work with Patrick Shearer as a director, to act across Matthew Trumbull and Stephanie Willing, and to play in a Nat Cassidy joint. The script presents lots of potential interpretations, so it should be an interesting process, and I’ll share what I can, time permitting.
2/13/14, Day 13,797: Lockers, Bleachers, Lights
This day is so named for our third Jane the Plain production meeting, and I do hope to blog about it over on the Flog. In the immediate term, I’d say we’re really hitting out stride and working well together. I felt like I was coming down with something nasty, and so was mostly proud to pull through a full day at TCG, plus Flux.
2/14/14, Day 13,798: Valentine’s Day
This day is so named because, well, the holiday, which Heather and I spent happily at home, cooking food and talking about the future. Simple things please me more as time goes on. This was also an especially busy and exciting day at TCG, some of which I’ll share more of below.
Technique never stands still: it only advances or retreats…
Writing: 41 out of 47 days (The Sea Concerto)
Spanish: 41 out of 47 days
What small things did I do the past three days to help build the Honeycomb?
(And what does it mean to “Help build the honeycomb?)
- Asked my members of Congress to sign the International Violence Against Women Act;
- For Flux, hosted and facilitated our Jane the Plain production meeting;
- Asked the relevant Senate and House committees to make sure that fixing the SGR for Medicare doesn’t fall on the backs of Medicare users;
- For TCG, posted or shared or facilitated the following Circle posts: this beautiful post on the upcoming Phillipines benefit led by the Ma-Yi Writer’s lab; this urgent and thoughtful post from Lauren Gunderson on gender parity; this important post from Maureen Towey about live broadcast theatre;
- Asked the FCC to block the Comcast-Time Warner merger;
- Discussed ideas with the wonderful Lark on an important project they’re moving forward;
- Asked my Senators to oppose the toxic SHARE act;
- Tweeted about the anti-fracking rally on 2/20 (which I hope to attend);
- Celebrated good news on shark finning, the ivory trade, and the minimum wage hike for workers employed by federal contractors;
- Supported fully-protected marine reserves in the Ross Sea and east Antarctic;