9/4/14, Day 14,002 (Mercena Day 21): Speed the Mercena
This day is so named because our beautiful criatura now resembles the classic Sandra Bullock film Speed, where if, as I’m walking and singing to soothe her, my walking-speed drops below fifty miles per hour, she will explode in a meltdown of tears.
Now, most of the day she did not require the Singing Dad Bus to move at high speeds, but in the morning and then twice again in the evening, I was trying to keep above fifty MPH. She was adorably relaxed for Rachael’s visit, and in full glorious fussitude for Stephanie’s Once Upon A Bride… costume design meeting with Heather.
I wrote up to page 35 for KD and The Band, and managed to work 2.5 hours on long overdue unfinished TCG business late last night.
Technique never stands still: it only advances or retreats…
Writing: 135 out of 171 days (KD and The Band)
Spanish: 126 out of 171 days
Music: 39 out of 76 days
What small things did I do yesterday to help build the Honeycomb?
(And what does it mean to “Help build the honeycomb?”)
- Ate and cooked local, organic, vegetarian food, and used cloth diapers for Mercena;
- Signed my support for home care workers receiving a raise;
- Sent a comment to the FCC in support of Net Neutrality;
- Asked the USDA to reject the toxic herbicide, 2,4D;
- Asked my Senators and Rep to support the Prevent All Soring Tactics (PAST) Act, S. 1406/H.R. 1518;
- Wrote in solidarity with activists Krishna Upadhyaya and Ghimire Gundev who have disappeared in Qatar;
- Shared my opposition to Maine’s lynx trapping permit;
- Asked the Obama administration to make the San Gabriel Mountains a national monument;
- Asked Senator Kerry to appoint a senior official on LGBT human rights at the State Department;
- Asked Kerry and Obama to reverse the State Department’s approval of Enbrige’s doubling of the tar sands flowing through the Great Lakes.