3/03/14, Day 13,794: Play on the Way In, Novel on the Way Out
This day is so named for those beautiful days (like today) where I work on a play on the subway ride in, and the novel on the subway ride out. Although it is only 40 minutes each way, it’s surprising how much I’m able to get done. It’s as if my mind just bookmarks the story and then picks right back up without missing much of a beat. My muses now know when there will be blood in the water, and circle accordingly.
Technique never stands still: it only advances or retreats…
Writing: 54 out of 64 days (Angel Juice, After Earth)
Spanish: 54 out of 64 days
What small things did I do yesterday to help build the Honeycomb?
(And what does it mean to “Help build the honeycomb?”)
- For Flux, helped build a survey for our upcoming ForePlay series;
- Asked Charter School Executive Eva Moskowitz to support universal Pre-K;
- Cooked and ate all vegetarian meals (mostly organic, some local) and added no direct food waste (plastics bags, plastic water bottles, etc.);
- Asked my Rep Grace Meng to support tH.R. 2126, the Energy Efficiency Improvement Act;
- Signed another petition against the Comcast Time Warner merger;