3/01/14, Day 13,792: Farewell, Edmond
This day is so named because last night we had our two final shows of The Blood Brothers Present…Bedlam Nightmares: Strapped In, and I have grown quite fond of my character, the yoga guru Edmond. I ended up putting a good deal of my own aspirations into the part–the substitutions were not all that hard to make, I’m afraid–and in the end, the part felt lived-in in spite of our short rehearsal and run. Thanks to Nat for writing it, Patrick for directing, Stephanie and Matthew for being great scene partners, and the whole Blood Brothers cast and creative team for a lovely experience. (But, oh, I am beat and ready for a slow day or two…)
I also spent a good part of this day working with Sol and Kia on Flux’s next ForePlay series, and we have some exciting ideas–more on that anon!
Technique never stands still: it only advances or retreats…
Writing: 52 out of 62 days (Angel Juice)
Spanish: 52 out of 62 days
What small things did I do yesterday to help build the Honeycomb?
(And what does it mean to “Help build the honeycomb?”)
- Performed in Blood Brothers presents…;
- Asked PespiCo to not fuel their fleet with tar-sands oil;
- Worked on Flux’s next ForePlay series;
- Asked my Senators to confirm Dr. Murthy as the next Surgeon General;
- Cooked and ate all vegetarian meals (mostly organic, some local) and added no direct food waste (plastics bags, plastic water bottles, etc.);
- Took All Out’s poll about next steps in the fight for LGBT* rights;