2/2/14, Day 13,787: Gin Baby
This day is so named for the fiercely-realized production of Gin Baby that Heather and I saw last night. The performances were brave, raw and grounded; the design lifted the play up in the best possible ways. Congratulations to director Daniel Talbott and the whole team for what felt like a near-perfect first production of a challenging play–one that was particularly resonant with the loss yesterday of Philip Seymour Hoffman to addiction. I also hosted a spirited (if sparsely attended) Flux Sunday, and continued to work on The Sea Concerto.
Technique never stands still: it only advances or retreats…
Writing: 29 out of 34 days (The Sea Concerto)
Spanish: 30 out of 34 days
What small things did I do yesterday to help build the Honeycomb?
(And what does it mean to “Help build the honeycomb?)
- Facilitated a Flux Sunday
- Signed another petition to revoke the NFL’s tax-exempt status
- Shopped organic and local at our farmer’s market, and composted
- Asked my Senator’s to vote against the cuts to food stamps in the current Farm Bill
- Cooked my own mostly organic, mostly vegan, (and a little local) food and added no additional direct food waste
- Asked the State Department to retract support for the Keystone Pipeline