9/9/14, Day 14,007 (Mercena Day 25): Core Value: The Future
This day is no named by The Will Lowry commenting on our Flux meeting conducted in five separate locations via Google Hangout and featuring a blissfully sleeping Mercena West Schulenburg (she seems to love a group of loud voices, perhaps remembering the decibel levels of the womb).
It’s also in honor of her first vote, where her Dad followed her advice and voted for the Teachout/Wu ticket, along with Toby Stavisky for our State Senate. While we were not victorious at the gubernatorial level, I was pleased by her showing, which would seem to make them both viable candidates for the future. Based on her Twitter account, it seem Stavisky was happily re-elected.
We also had a great visit from Kelly, and overall a good day for Mercena, who resisted the Moby, but nonetheless had a lot of awake engagement time (and somehow slept through the whole Flux meeting).
Technique never stands still: it only advances or retreats…
Writing: 139 out of 176 days
Spanish: 129 out of 176 days
Music: 44 out of 81 days
What small things did I do yesterday to help build the Honeycomb?
(And what does it mean to “Help build the honeycomb?”)
- Ate and cooked local, organic, vegetarian food, and used cloth diapers for Mercena;
- Voted in the Democratic primary;
- Signed my support for the Paycheck Fairness vote;
- Asked the EPA to ban the discharge of toxic fracking chemicals off the coasts of Southern California and the Gulf of Mexico;
- Asked Arne Duncan to reform Student Loan debt collection.