7/26/14, Day 13,962: Will Farewell and Maddie & Liam at the Playground
Not my most creative day naming, but accurate: Heather and I spent a beautiful afternoon at the Russell Sage playground with our friends Will and Liz and their amazing twins, Maddie and Liam, who are both basically five-year old geniuses with the sweetest hearts.
We then attended the Denial-That-Will-Lowry-Is-Leaving-Party, which featured an absurd amount of people that we love. Basically, I just pretended that we were all there to celebrate Will’s birthday, and not his departure.
I also began to catch up (just a little) on all of that anxiety-ridden-stuff I wrote about yesterday…but there is still a long way to go for me to feel at ease.
Technique never stands still: it only advances or retreats…
Writing: 112 out of 131 days
Spanish: 99 out of 131 days
Music: 13 out of 36 days
What small things did I do yesterday to help build the Honeycomb?
(And what does it mean to “Help build the honeycomb?”)
- Asked NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell to take violence against women committed by NFL players seriously;
- Had a great conversation with Mark Valdez about an exciting new Network of Ensemble Theaters initiative–stay tuned for that!;
- Asked the FDA to ensure that women are always included in drug health tests instead of assuming that if it works on men, it will work on women;
- Ate vegetarian, and added no additional food-related waste;
- Asked the Social Security Administration not to shut down any more offices;