Fluxy Visions in the Court Square Diner
7/10/14, Day, 13, 946: Fluxy Visions in the Court Square Diner
After nearly three months absent from my (mostly) daily blogging, I’m back! Our production of Jane the Plain, the TCG Conference, Sesi prep and the Flux Retreat had me pretty much without a spare second, but I’m gradually crawling back into the light. I hope to post more about those events, especially the last three, but I only have a moment today so let’s take it one day at a time.
Yesterday was so named for the Flux Vision/Mission/Core Values/Programming meeting that is following up on the progress we made this most recent Retreat. After some specific callbacks for Once Upon A Bride There Was A Forest, we met at our old friend, the Court Square Diner, to hash out an action plan through January to move those conversations forward. After exhaustion and some mistakes on my part cast a shadow over the end of the Retreat, this meeting reinvigorated my Flux enthusiasm, and I then spent a few more hours more putting our meeting into action. Hopefully, more about this over on the Flux blog soon.
Technique never stands still: it only advances or retreats…
Writing: 103 out of 120 days (rewrites for Angel Juice)
Spanish: 92 out of 120 days
Music: 9 out of 25 days
I’ve elected to not include the last two and a half months in my count above because I wasn’t keeping close track and it wouldn’t be accurate. I can say the numbers wouldn’t look quite as good, especially for Spanish and Music.
What small things did I do yesterday to help build the Honeycomb?
(And what does it mean to “Help build the honeycomb?”)
- Signed Amnesty International’s petition in support of the human rights of the refugee children from Central America;
- Shared photographer Gregg Segal’s 7 Days of Garbage project, which is a brilliant way of making us more aware of our waste;
- Ate vegetarian;
- For TCG, shared Elizabeth Hess’ Circle post on working with sexual violence survivors from the Balkans;
- Had a challenging but hopefully productive conversation with someone who had an issue with a different TCG Circle post;
- and for Flux, participated in our Vision meeting described above and moved forward the resulting action steps.
Wish me luck keeping this accountability journal going forward…things are a little less busy, but only just so…