4/7/14, Day 13, 852: Words(s) at Mission to (dit)Mars
This day is so named because I was happily able to once again attend the Mission to (dit)Mars Propulsion Lab. Monday’s have been packed for me this past year, so I haven’t been able to participate in this warm and talented writers group as often as I would like.
I was transported back to memories of Ajax in Iraq by Tyler Rivenbark’s very different take on the myth and the war, a jaggedly hypnotic, multi-disciplinary piece. I laughed and hoped at Kristine M. Reyes’ deft touch with a troubled relationship between two women loving each other over a slippery cultural divide. And it was very helpful to hear the opening of Word(s) again, now that I’m poised to write the final scene.
The only downside was missing Jane the Plain rehearsal…
4/8/14, Day 13, 853: Jane the Plain and Staging the Storm
This day is so named for the Jane the Plain rehearsal where we attempted to stage the storm. We’re at that exciting stage of rehearsal where we’re throwing a lot of different options at the wall to see what sticks.
4/9/14, Day 13,854: Jane the Plain and the Triple Gadkowski
See above. I’ve also reached the last scene of Word(s). The past two days, I also worked at TCG remotely from Jane the Plain rehearsal and then afterwards. The crazy busy time has fully arrived.
Technique never stands still: it only advances or retreats…
Writing: 86 out of 100 days (Word(s))
Spanish: 83 out of 100 days
Music: 2 out of 5 days
What small things did I do the past three days to help build the Honeycomb?
(And what does it mean to “Help build the honeycomb?”)
- For TCG, worked seven extra hours , primarily on Conference planning and released the RFP for the Legacy Leaders of Color Video Project;
- Signed my support for the Paycheck Fairness Act;
- Asked Credit Suisse CEO Brady Dougan to release all of the names of the U.S. tax-dodgers Suisse abetted;
- For Flux, Jane the Plain rehearsals and marketing;
- Signed the petition in support of the “Better Off Budget”;
- Thanked Senator Schumer for his support of tax credits for wind power;
- Shared the news that CO2 levels were now at their highest in at least the last 800,000 years;
- Pledged to boycott the Hobby Lobby;
- Ate all vegetarian meals (mostly organic, some local) and added no direct food waste (plastics bags, plastic water bottles, etc.),