4/5/14, Day 13, 850: First Rehearsal of Jane the Plain
This day is so named for the first rehearsal of Flux’s production of Jane the Plain. I told the cast that I’d never been looking quite so forward to a rehearsal process before. With so many of our Creative Partners and best Friends of Flux working on a single project, I’m honestly a little giddy. Up until now, I’ve gone into every rehearsal process with just enough dread to complicate things: a dread that was as much about my own fear of failure as anything else. Thanks to some recent shifts of perception, I don’t feel any dread at all. Mostly, I want to make sure I don’t take a single day of this for granted. It will go so fast…
Technique never stands still: it only advances or retreats…
Writing: 82 out of 96 days (Word(s))
Spanish: 80 out of 96 days
Music: 1 out of 1 day (Yes, I’ve added musical practice to my daily checklist. I’ll be focused on the guitar, which I already play, with some foot-dipping into piano. While I don’t expect to be as regular with this as with writing and Spanish-practice, I’m ready to try.)
What small things did I do yesterday to help build the Honeycomb?
(And what does it mean to “Help build the honeycomb?”)
- Celebrated the birth of my wonderful friend Ingrid;
- Signed a petition asking NY State to dis-invest from fossil fuels;
- Ate all vegetarian meals (mostly organic, some local) and added no direct food waste (plastics bags, plastic water bottles, etc.),
- Rehearsed Jane the Plain!
- Asked the Federal Reserve to keep banks out of the physical commodities business;
- Asked Grace Meng to support positive, compassionate immigration reform;