After the 8th Flux Retreat
I was away all last week with very little internet and even less free time for the 8th annual Flux Theatre Ensemble Retreat at Little Pond. I’ll be blogging about that amazing experience on FluxBlog, so for now, I’m just going to name the days and not describe then in any greater detail. The short version is that while the Retreat is always one of the best weeks of the year, this was my favorite Retreat in recent memory, in spite of some notable absences from long-term repeat retreaters. I feel so deeply renewed, and can’t wait to tell you all more about it, anon.
8/25/13, Day 13, 627: The 8th Annual Flux Retreat Begins
8/26/13, Day 13, 628: Vision and (Even More) Core Values
8/27/13, Day 13,629: What to Keep, What to Pass On, What to Let Go
8/28/13, Day 13,630: Jamming with Touchstone
8/29/13, Day 13,631: Don’t Drink the Coffee
8/30/13, Day 13,632: ...under the sacred oak tree where they said you stood…
8/31/13, Day 13,633: Tarot Cards and my Five Daughters
9/1/13, Day 13,634: And what does your October 2015 look like?
9/2/13, Day 13, 635: Retreat Joe-mentum
This day is so named because it marked my return from the Retreat, and because it honors one of the more absurd creations of the Retreat, Joe Coffee (you’ll meet him later). It is testament to how deeply I was renewed that I spent over five hours of this day working on Flux stuff after a week of working on nothing but Flux stuff. It definitely made the return to the world easier to be working from our terrace, especially when doing so over a glass of wine and next to my wife and Producing Director. Right now, life feels full of good things, and I’m so deeply grateful to everyone who made the past week so jam-packed with blessings,
What small things did I do this past week to build the Honeycomb?
- The Retreat and a day spent advancing the Retreat (see above)
- I asked McDonald’s to consider raising the wages of their workers to closer to a living wage.
- I asked OSHA to enact laws to ensure safer conditions for health care workers.
- I ate vegetarian, including veggies from our local, organic CSA. I also cooked vegetarian for all of the meals I contributed to the Flux Retreat.
- I took the PCCC’s survey on how the U.S. can best support Syrian civilians working towards peaceful, democratic change.
- I composted, and created no additional direct food waste from plastic bags, plastic bottles, or any other wasteful packaging.
- I asked the KRDO, the ABC news-affiliate in Pueblo and Colorado Springs, to find a less-biased affiliate to cover the NRA-backed recall against Angela Giron.
Technique never stands still: it only advances or retreats…
Writing: 10 out of the last 13 days
Yoga: 7 out of the last 13 days
Spanish: 11 out of the last 13 days
(You will note I did not include my time at the Retreat in the count above. This is because the Retreat is Avalon, and time moves differently there…)